December 10, 2010

Craft Spotlight

I am so excited to spotlight an amazing woman today, my Mom!  Anytime she finds a new hobby she somehow finds a way to make it her own, and these Rag Bag Totes are no different.  They can be used for anything.  She made my boss some for her granddaughters and they are now using them to carry their favorite toys! 

A little from my mom (Cheri) about these adorable Rag Bag Totes!

"I am thrilled to be "spotlighted" on Just For You!  I love all of Carli's fun ideas and I would like to share a new passion of mine with you today.  I haven't sewn in years and, in fact, I had to borrow a sewing machine to do this project.  I have put on my Christmas gift list a new sewing machine because I love this simple, easy project.  The project I am talking about is Rag Bag Totes.  I made them for my granddaughters for their Halloween trick-or-treat bags.  I enjoyed it so much that instead of giving them a stocking full of goodies for Christmas, I have made them each one of these bags to fill with treats and stocking stuffers.  The pictures below are the bags I will be giving them.  Here is a free tutorial on how to make the bags.  I hope you all enjoy your holidays and hope that you can all find time to make something special for your loved ones that comes from your hands and your heart!"


"Notice that I used that cute, big rick rack for the handles and it turned out darling!"

"I didn't use Christmas material on purpose, so they could use them all year round!"


Told you they are adorable!  I can't wait to see my nieces faces when they see them!




1 comment:

The Momma said...

So Cute! Now I have one more thing on my "crafts to do" list! Thank your Mom for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...